To our Family Pet family:
We are deeply grateful for your support while we all navigate living with the reality of COVID-19. During a time when each and every one of you is experiencing your own challenges, all the ways in which you have shown us patience, trust, and overwhelming kindness mean the world to us.
Our priorities remain the health and well-being of our patients, clients, staff members, and the community. We are adhering to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control as well as local and state authorities regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), but remain open and here for you and your pets.
In order to promote social distancing and safety, we are only allowing staff members in the hospital at this time. All appointments, medication or food refills, as well as pet pick-ups or drop-offs, will be via our curbside service.
- All pets must be leashed or in a carrier for their safety.
- Please remain in your vehicle when you arrive to the hospital and call us at (773) 694-1859. We will check your pet in over the phone.
- A staff member will retrieve your pet from you and bring him/her into the hospital for treatment/care.
- If your pet’s appointment is an examination with one of our veterinarians, your pet’s veterinarian will communicate with you via phone following the examination.
- We will take payment information over the phone and your pet will be returned to you at the conclusion of the appointment.
Appointments are booking up fast. Therefore we recommend scheduling your pet’s wellness appointments at least 2-3 weeks in advance. If your pet is sick and needs to see us right away, please let us know as early in the day as possible so we can accommodate you.
Medication and Food Refills
Please request food or medication refills in advance via phone, email, or our mobile app. When you arrive to the hospital to pick up your pet’s food or medication, please come to the corner door at Southport and Webster and ring the doorbell to be helped.
What We Ask of Our Clients
- For everyone’s safety, please wear a mask while interacting with our staff members.
- Please do not come to the hospital if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, have a fever, or are otherwise not feeling well.
- If you have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, we ask that you please reschedule any appointment for your pet(s).
Our turnaround time for return calls and messages may be longer than in the pre-COVID era, but please know that we are working diligently to answer your questions and meet your needs as soon as we are able.
We Miss You Too
We know that you are eager to come back into the hospital to accompany your furry family members during their visits to Family Pet. We recognize that curbside appointments are not ideal. We know that speaking with our doctors and staff over the phone is not the same as in person. We miss seeing your smiling faces, getting to spend time with you, and want nothing more than to end our burdensome and taxing curbside operations and invite you back into the hospital. However, in order to protect all of our pet parents and our staff members, we are unable to open the hospital to visitors at this time.
We sincerely appreciate the support you have shown us and ask for your continued patience and understanding. We are honored for the privilege of providing care for your pets and are doing all we can to stay safe so we can continue to be here for you and your furry family members.
Stay safe and be well.
All of us at Family Pet Animal Hospital